With one quick gulp from this dog, the Internet blazed in outrage against this woman who let her dog swallow her engagement ring for a stunt video to announce the good news of being engaged.
It’s exciting to share the news of being one step closer to getting hitched. Understandably, one woman wanted to be a little creative about it. But because of the lack of foresight, this stunt would cost her the engagement ring itself.
She uploaded a video on the subreddit r/Whatcouldgowrong that instantly went viral. In the video, she was trying to place her new diamond ring on Thor’s nose. To no one’s surprise, except maybe herself, the dog ate the ring as if it were a treat. Talk about having an expensive taste!
Even though it seemed like a highly probable outcome, an audible gasp could be heard in the video when the ring disappeared in the blink of an eye. While many people reacted negatively to how irresponsible the bride-to-be was, some were worried about the dog’s health. In the end, everyone could agree that this was a plan that wasn’t well thought through.
Dogs swallowing rings isn’t an uncommon incident, though. Thor’s story is very similar to the case of Pepper, an adorable dog from South Africa, who also swallowed his owner’s engagement ring. Pepper’s case is also well-recorded on social media after the hospital released his x-ray photos, clearly showing the ring inside his body.
Unfortunately for dogs who end up it these scenarios, it isn’t going to be pretty. To extract the ring from his body, veterinarians had togive Pepper medication that would induce vomiting. Unless Thor spits it out on his own, he will most likely meet the same fate if the ring goes far down in his stomach!